Re: Re: Ambiguity & Berserker Magic

From: Andreas Mueller <mueller_at_...-ulm.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:07:12 +0200

Wulf Corbett says:
> What bothers me about berserks is that they seem to have absolutely
> no advantages whatsoever under the Simple Contest rules... berserk
> magic creates an Edge, not a Bonus, which isn't taken into account in
> Simple Contests.

That's a problem in the game design. Same goes for edges from weapons resp. armour (And that upset me really). My houseruly approach was to give the edges as bonus.

Maybe it would be better to convert them 2:1 (like in the enhancement rules). BTW, is there a statistical proof that they should convert 2:1?

Just wondering,

Andreas Mueller