feat consistensy

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 01:19:13 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, guy hoyle wrote:

> Consistency and coherence DO have a place in HW: as in any other RPG, you
> should attempt to be consistent in your rulings. However, I've played in
> games where the gamemaster encourages players to innovate, and it's the
> style I prefer to all others. Nobody can think of every single situation
> that players might eventually be confronted by; why not build a set of rules
> that attempts to use that as a strength?

Ok. A question. Do we agree that a Gloranthan learning a feat will learn a spesific story, and a spesific skill? A Far Point orlanthi learning flickering blade learns a spesific feat. Another orlanthi in Alone may learn a different story, under the same _Hero_Wars_ feat name? So far within you vision of this, yes?

This is ok by me. But are you guys seriously saying that either one of these characters can use Flickering Blade in whichever function the player deems to fit the name at a given session? In that case the ambiguity of the feats has really gone so far, that we'd be better off without any names for the feats.

> Let me also admit that I HAVEN'T yet run a game of HW, or played in one.
> I'm waiting until more sourcebooks like TR come out before I even begin to
> plan it.

This is one of the problems we have been adressing. The core books really don't give enough information. The shortform descriptions don't really give the new GM much of a clue of the magic of the God (or even the Grimoire, even though they are said to be ridgid and spesific)

> Sorry this has been so frustrating, but I really think that the two of us
> have vastly different gaming philosophies, and we probably just won't ever
> agree.
>
> Guy

It's ok. I think we may have a small problem with communicating ideas across the net. (Or parhaps I want to run a world, and you want to run and participate in stories. That would really be a gaming philosophy divider)

Pax,

        -Adept