FEAT:Shield Destroyer - Weapon Destroyer

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:37:30 +0100

These two feats are part of Humakt's Combat affinity.

I think both of these feats rely on the Humakti actually being in combat with the target, and may be enhanced by the Humakti's Close Combat affinity with whatever Sword he is using. (I'd allow similar feats by Axe wielding Earth Cultists or Mace wielding Trolls to affect shields.)

This would nearly always be a simple contest as it would be an unrelated action during a combat that would probably be an extended combat of it's own. Success would indicate the Weapon or shield was destroyed. The victim would loose the rank/edge provided, and, if it is their weapon that is destroyed, need to take an unrelated action to draw/pick up a new weapon, as well as possibly needing to take an improvisational penalty to their Close Combat ability.

Since Humakti have Enchant Iron as a combat ability, They could enchant a sword with one or other of these feats in it as per the rules on p233. This would allow every* blow in close combat to attempt the feat with its skill of 12

I don't think I'd allow Shield Destroyer at all without contact. I might be persuaded to allow Weapon Destroyer at a penalty for range
(p231) against Swords against opponents who have acted dishonourably or
dishonestly (i.e in a similar way to the RQ Humakt spirit of Retribution)