Re: Re: Thunderstone

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 18:26:45 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Wulf Corbett wrote:

> After quite a few games, and now having played as well as Narrated,
> I'd say it was very easy to play on a simple level (just reading
> ability names & rolling dice), easy enough with guidance or prior
> knowledge of Glorantha to play 'realistic' Gloranthan characters, but
> still very easy for Gloranthan newbies to make some nasty errors in
> the detail (like Babs Gor's Darkness connection). The general game is
> fine, but there are still these little snags scattered about.

I'm glad the gamesystem works. I agree that it should, and it look's good after a few tries. I hope we can get a wee bit more information sqeezed in. Explane to feats a bit, and have play examples on tricky bits like archery and such.
  Eurmal's luck (the good one) to Issaries and us all.

> However, I am surprised at how very Gloranthan it feels even while
> everyone is stumbling and testing their way around. I'm still wincing
> at the idea of Broo using Impregnate Victim as a Coup de Grace...
>
> Wulf

Amusing, tho one would not think one needs actual game mechanics for that. Sounds nasty tho.

You do mean partig shot, don't you?

I suppose the parting shot mechanism simulates the situation rather well. The broo being eager to get at it, and thus allowing the victim a chanse to get back in the fight.

        -Adept