Re: ease of use

From: Hannu Kokko <Hannu.Kokko_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:45:49 +0300

on 14.8.2000 15:34, Mikko Rintasaari at mikrin_at_... wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Steve Dempsey wrote:
>
> <snip>

>> My experience at Convulsion was that the GM didn't really know what
>> to do either. It does help that I have players who are willing to
>> roleplay, reducing the need for rules use and shifting much of the
>> burden of making the game interesting on themselves.
>>
>> HW has a lot of good things in it, presentation and ease of use are
>> not two of them.
>>
>> Steve

> This is unfortunately much closer to how I see the situation :(
>
> -Adept

> To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: hw-rules-unsubscribe_at_...

We had no problems at Convulsion. Our GM was excellent (Bruce Ferrie) and really made the game glow (presentation). Gamesystem worked for us, there were also newcomers to the system (I think). There was also lots of room for roleplaying and using our abilities in imaginative ways. I think that the system was easy to use and our gaming reflected our characters and the story more than it would have in for example RQ.

--hannu

--
Mr Hannu Kokko,Senior Consultant (OO Technology, Java), Managing Director
SysOpen Object Team Oy, Pasilankatu 4b, FIN-00240 HELSINKI, FINLAND