Demos & Teaching Re: Thunderstone

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:21:53 -0000

> In RQ, you realy needed to know a lot about Glorantha to get into
> the game, but HW is much more open. This means you can dip into
> the Gloranthan background as deeply or as shallowly as you choose.
> It's my conciet that Glorantha is a strong enough background to
> draw people in more deeply than they might initialy intend or
> expect.
>

> Simon Hibbs

This has been my experience in the 7 demos of the game I have run for various stores and groups of folks. The 'ramp up' to the game is quite a lot less steep and has a higher fun factor -- you can get right into the game in VERY short order -- about 15 minutes or so. But I'll admit that the adventure I use does have a good walk-through factor (and builds to more and more complex tasks as you move along)

And I have found it a joy to teach. Much easier than teaching In Nomine or L5R and about as easy to teach as 7th Sea.

Jeff