Re: Small and Stupid

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:29:54 +0200

>I have been enjoying my copy of AR, but some of the creature descriptions
>made me think about how to use certain kinds of abilities.
>
>Take a rubble runner, with a Small ability, for instance, or a great troll,
>with a Stupid ability. How do you use these abilities in contests with other
>characters?

If it's a pushing contest (or something were size matters) the opponent can use the rubble runner's "small" instead of one of his own abilities. Turning someone's 'flaw' into your own advantage so to speak. You can also augment your own "Strong" with the rubble runner's "Small".

Yes, this does mean that the Narrator needs to declare that the opponent has a usable flaw.

Another, perhaps simpler, way is that the Narrator rolls for a negative enhancement for the Rubble runner using "small". Or perhaps even assigning an automatic 1/5 (or 1/10) of "small" as a penalty.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]