Re: Digest Number 232

From: RoySubs_at_...
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:06:12 -0000

t.s.baguley:
> >> I think new GMs are more likely to pick these things up from
good scenarios
> >> e.g., "Chasing Kites".

Mikko Rintasaari:

t.s.baguley:
> IMO that is the best place for them (from a new GM perspective). I
hate leafing through rule books during play and try to keep it to a minimum.

don't you think that they should be in both places for scenarios like these? ie. for introductory scenarios like these it's good to repeat core rules in there, but for bigger scenarios for more experienced situations (analogoous to say the Cradle), requirements to write the low level core rules is a complete waste of time and since these are not in the HW rules they will have to be laboriously repeated in each scenario!