Re: "Sufficient" detail

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:28:18 -0000

? Only if they wanted a party consisting entirely of Orlanth Adventurous types. Remember this was pre Trollpak, so the Kygor Litor write up was the whole of your cultural information on Trolls, anf Black Fang was only ever intended as a small local cult. I don't see how these 3 totally unrelated cults, however detailed can be more useful generally than the spread of cults provided in HW. Especially if you want to run Grazers, Lunars or the Black Horse Troop...

> I for one could not care about having a write-up of Taraltara or
Makabaeus
> in the core rules in place of more detail (SUFFICIENT detail that
is ie.
> what is a Snarl Darkness or Sunset Leap) on the cults that
characters I have
> might actually be in.

Yet, strangely, many people do find they have sufficient detail (I don't think anyone is saying more detail wouldn't be nice, opinions are only divided on what information is *needed* and what information is definitely not needed) to run the game.