Re: Maximising Scum Alert

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 08:22:16 -0000

"Re-reading the text, I can see the problem in the use of the word "subcult". The "subcults" mentioned in the above extract refer to the worship of entities who teach one feat or affinity. Unfortunately, we used "subcult" in the Keywords chapter to refer to aspects of gods. This was a mistake on our part (hindsight is 20-20).

So how do you tell the different subcults apart? basically if a "subcult" has more than one affinity it is really an "aspect" of a god and needs to have its own Inititaion or Devotion. If it teaches only one affinity or less (only one feat), then it is a subcult and comes under the 10% rule extracted above.

So Hedkoranth (3 affinities) must be Initited to, while Vanganth (1 affinity) can be worshipped with only 10% of your time."

Fair enough, thanks. It sounded a bit weird.

On a slightly related subject, in RQ (oh the horror!) many Gods gave Runed spells to their friends in the same pantheon. In fact it seemed to be a key way of cementing the close relationships in a pantheon.

This would seem to be equivalent to Deezola, say, making the Heal Wound Feat (or whatever it is called) to Rufelza or Sedenya.

Is such a thing possible or appropriate?

Steve