RE: Maps & Is Greg Stafford out there ?

From: Arnaud GOETZMANN [ALKHEMIA.NET] <arnaud_at_...>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:11:32 +0200

> > There are already French maps of a higher quality!
> > They were drawn by Fournier and were published in a magazine TATOU.
> > TATOU was published by Oriflam (RuneQuest licences).
>
> That isn't recent, is it?

No. in the beginning of 90's

Yes. You can find the ecommerce site at: http://www.lorweb.com/oriflam/fragalrune-F.html

> and do they sell this map as a
> stand-alone product? They might be willing to put this map on the
> Issaries web server if Issaries has a nice link back to other Oriflam
> products.

They don't sell this map as a stand-alone product. And TATOU has been stopped.

> > The map of Glorantha published by Multisim (Issaries-Herowars licences)
> > is useless because full with faults (and not very beautiful).
>
> Ouch. I haven't seen this one yet. How bad are the flaws? Minor
> things, or major problems?

This map is ugly, disgusting, ... (uhm, that's remember me some Hobbit game. Bad Goblins !).
Some misprints. Wrong style (more Elric than Glorantha).

If you want a full color (not only brown), purchase GERNERTELA by Oriflam. If you want a french link about Multisim' products review:

I am waiting for their answer to put it for download on my website. http://sartar.free.fr/gamme.html

Tranlated by Babelfish:
A map as a conclusion...

There is also the map. For the purchase of HeroWars [AND] Glorantha, you have the map free color. If not, it is worth 70 francs [$10.00]. If you have, take it there free... If not it is not used absolutely for nothing, is not particularly beautiful, and especially is faggot of errors... It is enough serious there for atrick of this price. It is even rather null on behalf of Multisim. The card is very dark and not alive for a penny, and Didier Graffet,who drew it, made drawings for dark plays too much.   It is almost "sinistre" and he is better thousand times the cards published by Oriflam for RuneQuest and the Genertela supplement. Translations onecertainly changed, but it will not contain however can be not lessfaults than that of Multisim.**time-out** all cela for say that multisim have make some good jobon the book basic, it improve very in lower the price, but theremainder of range leave something to be desired with really adesirer, the card be useless and bad, and the supplement Glorantha bedebatable with level of what have be make by Multisim (not with levelof content, which be practically essential to play...)."

Arno