Re: Combat System

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 12:21:19 -0700

Andreas wrote:

> I take a very similar approach to Frederiks proposal (mainly because all
> my players whined: "But I'm not seriously wounded, I want to carry on.
> Please. Oh come on, you're so mean ...")
>
> I've detoriated the "must-have" quality by allowing a broader range of
> abilities for carrying on:

Your list is a good one (and should certainly be used with the published Final Action rules).

I'm aware that it's hard to convince players that 0 AP means out of action, but I do think the game works better that way. (For one thing, you really ought to allow NPCs to do the same. And it would be allowable outside of combat -- arguments would never end as people kept trying to get in the last word. And I'm not sure how you'd reconcile it with mystic strikes/secrets that work at 0 AP.)

And as Philip points out, you are far more likely to kill characters with this rule.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein