Re: Ancestors

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 11:49:53 EDT

In a message dated 8/26/00 2:37:52PM, you write:

<< I'm sure there are other examples if we think about them. >>

Daka Fal shamans are duty bound to go and release any ancestors bound in 'matrices' or as 'ghosts' in RQ2 and probably 3. I think that this should remain true in HW - ancestors bound against their will should be released, it would be part of an ancestor worshipping shamans duties to respect his ancestors and not bind them. Providing thm with a nice home, with respect, warm milk, honey and other gifts smeared on their fetish woudl be another matter.

Ancestor worship seems to me to be a source of huge amounts of plot. Think of the family intrigues that can go on for generations. Think how hopelessly complicated the life of a shaman gets who has fetishes for an argumentative bunch of ancestors who never agree with each other.

Keith N