Re: powerful shaman

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:33:43 -0700

> > I don't think any shaman is powerful enough to capture something
> > like lightning boy within a fetish.
> > >>

> Surely a shaman powerful enough to capture Lightning Boy in a fetish would
be
> powerful enough to do it. If a shaman has enough WWWWW then he should be
able
> to capture any spirit - this, surely, is the point of the HW scaleablity.
> have notice a few times the 'beyond the scope of the rules' argument. It
jsut
> doesn't wash for a game that is supposed to be scaleable to any power
level.

I don't think it's a case that "the rules don't allow it", but that LB has 6 masteries or so - so a shaman would have to be a demigod/superhero himself to do it. Even if LB only had 4 masteries, the shaman would have to have the Spirit Combat equivalent of Harrek the Berserk's "Kill you Dead" ability. Yes, theoretically a shaman *could* do it, but there is *maybe* one shaman in all of glorantha that is that powerful. I'd probably put Blueface (from Griffen Mountain) in the w3 category.

Roderick