Re: Re: Animists and ancestors

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:57:39 +1200

Nils Weinander wrote:

>Some traditions
>may condone the binding of "common" ancestors in one use
>fetishes

This is already done for the Grazers and is not likely to be a problem for the Daka Fal. The problem is that the ancestor worshippers, if they are to get magic from their ancestors, do not have anything equivalent to integration of spirits or embodied fetishes since these are bad things to do.

RQ3 rules suggest that the Shamans get their spells from normal spell spirits but this doesn't strike me as satisfactory. There is however the examples of "spirit communication" used in both Vikings and Land of the Ninja (IIRC) which might be more appropriate.

>and reserve the axis mundi/ask for delayed magic
>for the ancient and powerful ones, tribal founders etc.

Since most animists will get this in some form or another, it's hardly a solution.

--Peter Metcalfe