Re: Vampires anyone?

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 00:01:10 -0000

> Delecti of course was a great archmage of EWF. He definitely was
more of
> a sorceror than a theist, but I don't think one should take Delecti
as
> an example of a vampire.

Especially as Greg's said he's not exactly a vampire. He possesses a new corpse each time the old one wears out. Unlike Pharoh, he has to use freshly killed corpses.

Neither alive or dead, that's how he managed to outwit all the curses and nasty stuff that took out all his EWF comapdres. I sort of think of him as being more like Vincent Price than Bela Lugosi.

He does create vampires as his servants and lovers, though. =)

> Infact. I'd say that Delecti is an example of one of the options
> available for the EWF dragonlords.

Possibly! OR at least, he's one of the only ones who escaped. I think he's stuck with a quick decision he made 400 years ago.

> Delecti was a Dragonmage, whose powers over both life and
> severance/death were great. (As witnessed by his work with the
stiching
> zoo, piecing together new creatures from several other ones)
>
> Delecti took a choise, and burned out most of his emotions (Sandys
> Dragonewt rules), and turned himself into a parasitic creature.
Delecti
> does not worship Vivamort. He is a draconic vampire.

VERY good analogy. I like it. But I think his 'sacrifice' was a last
minute thing.

> The theistic feats as presented in RQ-2 worked very well tho. The
zombie
> creation and such were very cheap, compared to other religions that
> could manage it. Powerful vampires should have such control over the
> unded as an innate ability (runepowers), and not have to learn them
from
> a sorcerous grimoire. At least, in Dragon Pass.
>
> -Adept

It may be a combination of a "natural" magical talent. But I think its a part of some Terrible Life Sucking Powers grimoire

Jeff