RE: Re: Vampires anyone?

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:58:56 -0500

Sarah opines:
> I also liked Tim's thoughts on the Cult Secret of Vivamort being what
> actually turns you into a Vampire, although by my reckoning this
> would make vampires rather rare... which is perhaps a Good Thing.
> Again, RQ2 makes Create Basilisk the perquisite of the Vivamort High
> Priest - is that too wimpy a Cult Secret?

I believe that the proper Secret would be "Embrace of Undeath" or "Ecstatic Communion" and wouldn't be used on the self, but on others to create brand new vampires who are in some sense subservient to the creator. Why? Because master vampires are the only ones who can create other vampires, it is not the sort of thing that every new wamphyri ... er I mean vampire ... can do. I would also think that the new vampire would have weaker access (say, at -1W) to its Parens' abilities, including stolen feats. And it allows for all the things that are most important about vampires:

  1. the master vampire can make other little vampires
  2. they have to be killed off constantly or they'll take over the world
  3. there are different lineages of vampirism, sorcerous, theist, mystic, animist, with different sets of abilities as determined by those who are most ancient among them
--
Loren Miller <loren_at_...>
http://ioxy.com