RE: Misapplication

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 10:19:28 +0100

Wulf asked:

> 3) Speaking of those modifiers, only off at a tangent, have the
> creatures in Anaxial's Roster had them taken into account? Should the
> Alien World modifier be applied to all Otherworld entities appearing
> in the Middle World? Or has it already been applied, meaning they
> should have 20 ADDED to all ratings when in their 'home' world? Or,
> alternately, do creatures with innate abilities to cross between
> worlds have the 'safe' (0) modifier on all worlds they can reach?

This is all clearly explained in Anaxial's Rooster; I assume you haven't seen a copy yet. Stats given are for the creatures as normally encountered (i.e. outside their homes); their home realm (where they are at +20) is always identified, often in Bold Type for funny cases (like otherworldly Lunar thingies). I thought the clarity here was exemplary. Although pretending that theistic otherworld entities will all be called "daimones" is a bit of a non-starter (I hope!).

Cheers, Nick