Re: Misapplication

From: markmohrfield <markmohrfield_at_...>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:03:07 -0000

> Hmm.. on reading more carefully, I see the details you refer to.
> However, I now have to wonder if the +20 for Home Realm applies to
the
> sorts of spirits commonly dealt with by Shamans. Travelling to the
> Otherside to capture a Might 20 Fire Spirit is pretty
straightforward,
> but if you have to capture a 20W spirit to get the 20 effect, that's
> another matter!
>
> Wulf

I asked about this awhile back. Here is the reply I got from Roderick.

> Does a spirit bound into a fetish suffer the alien world modifier as
> per page 34 of the Narrator's Book? I'm assuming it doesn't, as none
> of the examples I've read mention it, but I can't find a specific
> rules reference saying so.

No. A spirit on the mundane plane that has a body (including a fetish) does
not suffer the Alien World mod. If it is disembodied, it does (usually). If
something pops through a Power Spot into the mundane world, it suffers the
Alien World mod.

When spirits leave a fetish (usually because they are 1-use, but also if
someone calls on the spirit more than the X times a day) the spirit is disembodied, but is only interested in getting back to "its" world. (and it
does *not* have to roll to get through the barrier, it gets back by a form
of "spiritual osmosis" - it can pass from the miundane to the spirit without
rolling, but not the other way around.

RR