Re: Re: Misapplication

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 00:14:33 +0100

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 23:03:07 -0000, "markmohrfield " <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com> wrote:

>I asked about this awhile back. Here is the reply I got from Roderick.
>
>> Does a spirit bound into a fetish suffer the alien world modifier as
>> per page 34 of the Narrator's Book?

>No. A spirit on the mundane plane that has a body (including a
>fetish) does
>not suffer the Alien World mod. If it is disembodied, it does
>(usually).

That smacks of a bit of a cheat (not an unwelcome one, I admit!). What about the numerous disembodied spirits, most obviously ghosts, which can be encountered in the Middle World? What about spirits within fetishes which operate by leaving the fetishes and attacking other bodies in an attempt to posses them, like disease and healing spirits? Still, as I say, a necessary and welcome cheat.

Wulf