Re: Followers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:47:02 +0100

On Fri, 01 Sep 2000 11:07:32 +0100, Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_....com> wrote:

>Are followers, as per the rules, too unbalancing?

They certainly CAN be, yes. My Shaman (whomever it is she worships...) can have up to FIVE Followers (I usually just take a couple on any journey), her AP total can top 100, ensuring she almost always acts first in an exchange. However, I NEVER treat them as just AP batteries, frequently send them off to assist other PCs (lend AP), or have them act independently. They have personality (and a 25-word writeup apiece), and don't usually just make my character invulnerable to AP loss. If followers are too important and do too much, the hero shouldn't be rewarded for actions he/she hasn't actually done.

Wulf