Re: Shaman personality

From: Bryan Thexton <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 15:57:46 -0000

Yes, and don't forget that amongst the Hsunchen, the shamans all express some degree of gender role shift (varying from what skills the master to literal gender change, IRC). Well, that was per RQ3, I assume it still applies.

> I think that shamen are always a bit eccentric in the eyes of the
> normal people. Their connection to their totem/tradition
> knowledge/visions of the other side/etc makes them different from
> normal people.

I think that was part of the point of the whole gender role thing with the Hsunchen traditions, in a society with such rigid gender roles, any violation of them very clearly makes you different.

Shamen in different tradiotions are differentiated by
> their tradition. And in the same tradition, personality is what
makes
> them individuals and fun to play.

True with any type of character!