Re: Still converting that low-level RQ campaign

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2000 06:44:40 -0000

> >... the player who wanted every skill listed on
> >his RQ character sheet to be listed on the HW sheet: and by RQ
> >standards, there were a lot of them).
>
> We gave up on that straight away, and stuck to the 100 word writeup
> plus a few extra sentences for the more experienced characters. Even
> so, we got some skills better at HW base values than in RQ with
> experience!

Yes, we gave up on that as soon as I found out what he was doing and took his character sheet away :)

> >That's one bit of rules I couldn't find. If two starting keywords
give you
> >the same skill, but at different levels, what are you supposed to
do
> >about it?
>
> Use the higher one.

Thanks. Page reference? (Yes, the players are likely to demand evidence, since I'd been increasing the skill to the higher +1).

> >Same for Ranged of course: what does my ex-hunter Vingan, with
> >Archery 8 and Javelin 12 get for Ranged Combat?
>
> 12, as above.

Just a sec. So she'd be better off using her Archery with the default -3 improvisational modifier than she would be using her straight skill? Or did her archery suddenly leap to 12 when she learnt Javelin?

Again, any chance of a page reference for this one?

> > The same rule will apply, when I find out what it is.

> Call it 'Craft'. Call it 'Fred' if you like...

Yes... the question was "what is the rule?", not "what is the name?", but thanks for the thought.

> I converted a lot of former 2nd-rank PCs into followers and
> dependents, but beware! Too many followers can be extremely
> unbalancing in a low level game.

I suspected that. I'm not going to allow more than one follower per PC
in any given scenario. Maybe the limit will go up later, but that's quite enough for now.