RE: Basic competency

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 21:11:43 -0500

I work with a lot of electricians. If they occasionally fumbled at ordinary electrical work on a 600V 150A panel when rushed (requiring a roll), then they all eventually would be electrocuted. They aren't. Thus... journeyman status for an electrician must require a level of skill that prevents fumbles from ever happening. I know that HW doesn't have any electrician keyword, but there are plenty of equally dangerous professions in it. Characters don't kill themselves accidentally in sword practice, say by accidentally letting the target hit them in the noggin with a spiked mace. They may get killed in combat by battle-hardened foes, but that is opposed and extended, not a simple, unopposed roll.
--
Loren Miller <loren_at_...>
http://ioxy.com