Re: Taking a shot at Eurmal...

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 19:20:45 +1200

Andy Chall:

>Change (Assume (other) form, Remove body part, Swallow, Hide Fire,
>Alter substance)
>Destruction (Shatter, Penetrating strike, Panic foe, Enrage foe, Back
>stab, Waylay)
>Illusion (Crack `em up, Hotfoot, Change Appearance, Conceal Self,
>Mimic voice, Hallucinate, Phantom fingers)

I don't think this is the right way to approach Eurmal. This may have been what was taught at the long gone Temple of the United Eurmal but most fools, knaves and rouges do not the full access to all of Trickster's magics according to RQ3.

Instead I would suggest that shrines to him teach an affinity and _one_ specific feat associated with that Affinity.

The Affinities would be the old Eurmal subcults as per Questlines I and the feat can be the old spell associated with that subcult or an appropriate spell of the narrator's devising.

Thus the list of possible affinities and related feats might be:

Destroyer (Disrupt, Make Crack in Object) Self-Dismemberment: (Remove Hand, Remove Wisdom, Split Tongue) Fire-bringing (Hide Fire)
Foolishness (Make Group Laugh)
Frightfulness (Cause Panic)
Gluttony (Swallow anything)
Impishness (Hotfoot)
Murder (Kill)
Rogue (Lie)
Seducer (Agile Tongue, Charm Socks Off)
Shape changing (Become Shit, Become Dirty Shirt, Become Ass) Thief (Conceal Self, Steal Sword)
Truancy (Hallucinate)

>Secret: The Big Unknown (It depends on the circumstances. This can be
>anything. Knowing the secret might just be too much for any mortal
>trickster.)

Trickster is the God of Misapplied Worship and thus he confers no secrets. (He is defiant in that his affinities and feats remain normal cost).

--Peter Metcalfe