Re: Re: Digest Number 260

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:52:24 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Tim Ellis wrote:

> > However, my NPCs tend to be competent in their domain of expertise.
> > Few of them have more than one mastery (and in fact only the mature
> > adults in their 30s tend to have that single mastery).
>
> I was wondering about this. Is the 2x1W, 1x5W a PC only thing, or do
> all adults (um Orlanthi all I suppose)have 3 ratings at this level?
> Obviously this could make a big difference to the number of masteries
> floating around...

This is one of the reasons I started talking about mastery inflation. I got the impression that the PC heroes were supposed to be somewhat heroic to start with, and definitely above the society norm. But if every adult has a mastery, then the PC:s starting with 5w and 2*1w is nothing special.

        -Adept