Re: Clan Cultural Keywords

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:34:23 -0400

> Message: 14
> Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 16:33:11 +0100
> From: Benedict Adamson <badamson_at_...>
> Subject: Clan cultural keywords
>
> "KYER, JEFFREY" wrote:
> > Don't forget that membership in some organizations confers some
> > abilities too -- your Marshedge clan probably gets Clodhopping or
> > Bogtrot as a part of their cultural keyword.
>
> I don't recall any mention of this in Da Roolz, where is it?
> Its a fine idea.

Thanks. I don't think its original to me though. But I feel that any clan worth joining should have soem quirk. All the clans in KODP have some oddity about them, be it Reforming Outlaws, being fanatical traders or pottery freaks.

And something like that is easily added to a cultural keyword. Its like a grace note in music. Not necessary but adds to the beauty of the piece.

I've pretty much come to the conlusion that most clans have a private or obscure deity they worship on their own which provides a feat that is unique or at least rare to them. It could be something as simple as the clan having a greater tie to their Ancestors (and giving a contact Ancestor feat that's wonky to use until one gets to be on the Clan Ring) to a clan that has had such troubles with trolls that the worship of Orlanth is supplanted by Elmal and Vinga.

Jeff