Thorngast Sheepfoot

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:39:37 -0400

> Though I didn't really put it into the seenario, those kids were
> probably going to be cottars who herded sheep as much of their livlihood
> -- every clan has them. I think Herd Sheep is a cottar ability but
> Thorngast Sheepfoot had been doing the Sheep Thing for far too long --
> long enough to get bitter.

This was exactly the impression I got. What kind of life is that for a grown up orlanthi anyway.

        -Adept

Jeff Replies:

Yep. Thorngast had a clubfoot that prevented him from doing a lot of the more normal things an Orlanthi man can look forward to. And in the Cyrling clan, raiding for cattle was the ticket to marriage and respect and...

... at least that's HIS excuse. Gargarth doesn't really care why he's an outlaw. =)

Poor Thorngast was stuck in that necessary position of head sheperd. It doesn't get you a lot of respect but it's necessary. Just like being the guy who burns the garbage. And he never married. An Orlanthi male without a wife to tame him can be damned dangerous.

At least, in my Glorantha.

Jeff