Re: on shields

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:26:51 +0300 (EET DST)

Me:
> >A large shield gives you good coverage, but is slow to move about and
> >your opponent can use the blind zone it creates for you.

Wulf
> No shield creates a blind spot unless you're dumb enough to hold it
> too high, or too far away from you. I've tried most sizes...
>
> Wulf

We disagree there then Wulf. Would you like to fight with a hoplite shield then, if I challenged you into a duel.

My broadsword & target shield vs. Your broadsword & hoplite shield

Have you tried this? In my experiense the hoplite shield user is "#%&ed. Especially if I'm allowed to use dirty fighting tricks. Mobility and visibility is much better with the target shield.

        -Adept