RE: spirit combat

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 22:05:04 GMT

David Weihe

>This also implies that many cults have some hero who did this
>sometime in the past, and supplies it as a Feat or skill. Finding
>these subcults will probably to be found in inverse ease of
>contacting a "real" shaman, of course, and increasing the skill
>is likely as hard as misapplied worship (whether it is or not I
>leave to the GodLearners), but they will be known. This will be
>part of <God> Lore, much as the rite of exorcism is part of
>RW Christian Lore, and White Magic supposedly was in the Middle Ages.

I don't think this is correct. When the Abiding Book teaches stuff like Resist Pagan God or Resist Spirit, it is definitely not misapplied worship or rare. Hence I believe that the Orlanthi and the Malkioni have ways of exorcizing spirits that do not rely upon spirit combat (the rarity of which I make no comment about).

--Peter Metcalfe