Re: Shields

From: Graham Robinson <gjrobinson_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 06:37:43 +0100

Wulf wrote :

>No shield creates a blind spot unless you're dumb enough >to hold it
>too high, or too far away from you. I've tried most sizes...

So I feint at your head - either you create a blind spot (and I take oput your legs) or you lose your head. Large shields don't work if an even vaguely compotent opponent knows some simple tricks.

Unless, of course, you can kill me before I can get close enough to do that, but then why do you need the shield?

In truth, shields are more useful against missiles than melee weapons. But this is a game, not realism.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson