Re: on shields (not LRP)

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:50:14 +0300 (EET DST)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

> > Against projectiles/ Free melee/
> > in shieldwall Duel
> > (bonus) (maximum skill)
> >
> > - 20 Buckler ---
> > + 0 Target 100
> > +20 Viking round 80
> > +40 Troll / Hoplite 60

> What does that "maximum skill" mean? Does it mean that if I have a Hoplite
> shield, I'm okay to use it until I'm up to 20W2, but above that I can't use
> my full skill?

Those were for a RQ like game. And assume that you have a "shield" skill, usable with all the shields, with parhaps a short period of getting used to a new one.

But yes... if you had 70 shield skill, you would parry javelins at an effective skill of 110% with a hoplite shield, but only have an effective skill of 60 if you shieldwall got broken and you had to fight in a raging melee.

I haven't worked out HW figures.

        -Adept