Re: Re: Clarifying Augmentation

From: Sir Ethilrist <stefan.drawert_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:21:33 +0200

jeffrey kyer:
> But, it could be that their master augmented them FOR them using
> Leadership, Fear Me, Crushing Blow feat (for example). Its an
> example, though perhaps poorly worded.

do you have a page reference for this rule (being able to augment for somebody else)?
I couldn't find it in pages 133-35, where augmentation is given a treat... or is it an AP lending?
alas, the FAQ on the website says nothing more that would help

> > 2.)-page 134: what happened to the "abilities and feats which can
> only
> > augment other abilities"? some feats seem to belong into this
> category (like
> > "swordhelp") but can those feats/abilities "work on their own", or,
> to put
> > it clearly: what is, for example swordhelp as augmentation, and
> what is
> > it as a stand alone feat?
>
> Its always an enhancement. The phrase seemed pretty clear.

that's exactly the reason why I choose this as an example. I got the impression that all feats could be used for augmentation or as stand-alone magical effect. But as for seemingly obvious enhancing feats like "Swordhelp", I cannot imagine how they should work for their own. So I came up with two different solutions for this problem: 1. I missed something; or 2. it's a GM call

> if YOU as the Narrator think there's some other way for Swordhelp to
> be of use outside of a simple augment, then that is entirely your
> call.

that's what I was afraid of...

> > (like:" i'm attacking that warrior with my sword and shield ability,
> > *boosted* by my visage of fear, my great blow and my weapon
> > destroyer-feat...(rolling dice)..., giving a bonus of +9!" ???)
>
> You have to do them all one by one as unrelated actions but in
> essence
> you have it right. And yes, you can get a +9 or more.

that's just a poor worded example: What I tried to say is that I'm gonna augment an ability with three different feats for a +3 bonus each (leaving you with a +9 total)...
sorry for improvising english ;-)

> I could do an example ofthis but it looked a bit too complex for your
> current needs. I hope that helps.

thanks for the offer. Depending on how confused I am after being *augmented* by all those hw-rules-mails, answering my cries, I might come back and ask for the example...

stefan