Re: Clarifying Theistic Magic

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:58:23 -0000

> >Yes. Feats can be used for many things. In an extreme case, you
can
> >use it instead of a more mundane ability -- our Humakti has Fight
> >Undead Thing as his feat but no 'Spriit Combat' and happily
chopped
> >away at a ghost with it -- at a penalty of -5 I think but it was
> >better than not hitting at all.
>
> I always though the 'undead' were those creatures embodied, but
> unliving,( in RQ terms, unable to recover POW independently). Not
> entirely sure of a HW definition (but I think one is needed), but by
> that definition, having no permanent body, Ghosts are not undead,
> they're dead. Maybe that's why the penalty though?
>
> Wulf

Yeah. It was pushing the boundary in my opinion. But if you think about it, a Ghost is a Dead Person who should NOT be here. Which is good enough for Humakt -- at least, for me.

Oh, I think I nailed him with a -7 to his Death Magic penalty. Thta still made it more usable than his non-existant Spirit Combat. But, since a few of them have a rather powreful shaman as an ally, a few of
them have learned Spirit Combat -- Remember, things like the ghosts in
Rainbow Mounds have to be dealt with by nearly starting Heroes.

Jeff

Jeff