Re: Clarifying Theistic Magic

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:18:39 -0000

> > eh? feats do NOT give the caster AP. They give edge or bonuses to
> > abilities, they lend AP to others, or they are used directly to
> > oppose/attack.
>
> As I understand it, If you augment an ability (whether through
magic
> or a mundane ability) before the start of a contest, it will
> effectively give you AP's, because you calculate your AP's from
your
> starting skill level. I don't believe AP's are increased if you
> subsequently boost your skill during a contest by means of an
> unrelated action any more than they are if you change abilities.

true and true. I was thinking of the augment as an unconnected action DURING the contest. I gave an unclear & misleading example. It was, of course, a test to see how well you understood... honest it was...:)

> > All magic just augments in an extended
> > contest, either adding a bonus or an edge to an ability (or
another
> > affinity), or lending AP to someone else, or being used as the
> > active skill.
>
> I think I would replace "just" with "Can" there, not least because
> don't think "being used as the active skill" really counts as a
> augmentation...

Yes, that sentence got out of control while I was writing it... wasn't my best day for clarity!

Wulf