Re: Clarifying Augmentation

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:11:51 -0000

> To amplify - this would be ...*boosted* by my Visage of fear <rolls
> dice> for +3, my great blow <rolls dice> for +4 and my weapon
> destroyer feat <rolls dice> for +2, giving a total bonus of +9

Yes, that would be the case.

> > And they are cumulative -- that means
> > if you fail or screw up, you go down in total.

I should have said 'running total' in hindsight to be more obvious.

> I'm not sure I follow this though, could you expand on this. I
> assumed above I tried for +3 on my VoF, and succeeded, +2 on my GB
> and got 2x bonus , and +2 of WDF and succeeded. I thought that if
> failed on the Weapon Destoyer Feat (and got -2) my total bonus
would
> be 3+4-2 or 5 - You seem to be suggesting it would be -2?

No, I was suggesting a +5. Why wo8uld you think it was a -2 ?!?!

> One thing I know has been discussed here before is that once you
fail
> an augmentation on an affinity you can't use that affinity any more
> in that contest (so in the above example failing in "Great Blow"
> would stop you attempting to use "Weapon Destroyer" (I think they
are
> in the same affinity?)). I don't think it specifically says so in
> the rules though

No, I don't think it does either. It does say if you fail with a *feat* you can't use that feat again. I could be wrong (don't have my
rules handy so I could be talking through my hat).

Should have an example of strange AP lending proceedures later -- after last night Urox will never be the same again to me. Or Vinga.

Jeff