More Sheepishness Re: Herding Sheep

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 14:41:24 -0000

> > Um, its a bit better than that, afterall. I have a bump up.
>
> Two bumps, in fact, but still only a 29% chance of major or
complete
> victory, unless I have completly failed to understand the rules
> (actually its 28.75%, but I rounded up)

Whoops! I was reminded of that rule last night by my players. We'd just never SEEN a w2 advantage before.

(math deleted)

> This actually means that if you have a 2W advantage, you are better
> off if you can find a way to reduce your opponents score rather
than
> increasing your own - Your chances of Criticalling and succeeding
> will remain unchanged whether you have 2W2 or 19W2, wheras your
> opponent will fail more if his skill is 12 rather than 17...

This is true since I'm probably garanteed a critical. Hard to reduce an oponent's skill other than, say, negatively augmenting him....

... which is tough as he gets to resist. (grin)

Resistance = 5x(negative augment) + Appropriate Resistance Ability.

It gets icky. Better to just hit him on the head with a big hammer. But multiple attacker penalties do help a lot, I've seen.

Jeff