Re: Clarifying Augmentation

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:24:53 -0700

Philip

> What do folks think about augmenting a feat with another feat from the same
> affinity? It seems a bit suspect to me, especially as devotees can keep on
> making up new feats until the cows come home.

Doesn't bother me, since you can augment a feat only once.

Stefan

> In (extended contest) combat, if characters attack each other with normal
> weapons, like sword and dagger, they could get an advantage via edges, if
> one weapon is bigger/better crafted/ forged &c...

Yup.

> If this is to be agreed on, why does a character, using a lightfeat to
> augment his weapon in midcombat vs a troll get the same ability bonus as if
> he augmented with Greatsword?
> does not sound right to me...

I wouldn't normally think to augment a sword with light, but it's clearly possible. And if you think that hitting a troll with a brightly glowing sword does more damage, then it'd be an edge, and be identical to the edge derived from weapon ranks. You'd have to give me a better example of light giving a bonus, but that's probably viable too.

It's a simple yet comprehensive game system, and in extended contest it all boils down to AP plus your descriptions.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein