Re: Re: Taking a shot at Eurmal...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 00:21:33 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Jane Williams wrote:

> > On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 andychall_at_h... wrote:
>
> > Jane, I'm not sure I haven't said this yet, but: Isn't sensuality
> too,
> > uh, civilized for the Eurmali. How about sedduction?
>
> If I'd meant Seduction, you'd be absolutely right. But I didn't.
>
> The player and I sat down listed a dozen or so Affinities that we
> thought Trickster in general might have. We read through every cult
> in
> the book, looking for inspiration. "Seduction" and/or "rape" came
> quite high up the list of possibles, but when the player saw
> "Sensuality" as described for Yinkin, he decided that was him. With
> large overtones of the Pendragon "indulgent" trait. It's heading
> quite
> fast towards being an Affinity that works as a Flaw, but that's
> Trickster for you.

Well not rape. I don't see Eurmal as that nasty (certain eurmali may cross the border though).

Sensuality doesn't sound very tricksterish. Parhaps you should underline it a bit and call it _hedonism_?

	-Adept : Whose oldest, still played, RPG character is an Eurmali
	 	 lightbringer. Thief, heroquester, magician and fighter.