Re: Re: Taking a shot at Eurmal...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 16:44:55 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, JEFFREY KYER wrote:

> Though, I'd say from a rather large collection of books on Coyote,
> Reynard, Loki and a few others (Trickster is a hobby of mine), he IS
> a rapist when he can get away with it.

Definitely. In fact the finnish version of Loki was called Piru, and when those swedish christians took over, it was transformed into the finnish word for the christian devil. Definitely a character up to no good, and rape was not out of the question.

> But he definitely prefers to trick (ahem) his way into bed. Its
> getting into bed that matters.... Anyway he can. As anyone he can.
>
> Jeff

Indeed. I was speaking of Eurmal, not a generic Trickster. I think Eurmal has the characteristics of the orlanthi/ernaldan society. I don't think Eurmal is a rapist (though the difference may be slight), but some the psychos invoking his name may well be.

        -Adept the trickster