Re: Re: Taking a shot at Eurmal...

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:31:46 +0300 (EET DST)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 philip.hibbs_at_... wrote:

> >Well not rape. I don't see Eurmal as that nasty (certain
> >eurmali may cross the border though).
>
> Oh, I absolutely do - the problem is that depicting it in a game is, well,
> "distasteful" would be too kind. Especially in published material.
> "Hedonism" is a good idea.

My eurmali (male) in a friends game has been imprisoned, sold on the open market (for his soul) and raped in a temple of something very nasty (he had a leather sack over his head)

He went rather mental, and managed some sort of eurmalistic escape into the disorder at the borders of Glorantha and chaos, and was saved from there by forces still unknown to him.

> On the subject of trickster rape, it really depends on what you classify as
> rape - for instance, Uther's deception of Ygraine? Use of love potions or
> mind control? Both of these cases would nowadays be classified as rape
> under law, but the line has been less clear in the past and in mythology.

Indeed. Eurmal would definitely trick and drug his way into somebody's skirt, but would not think of it as rape.

Deliberate _rape_ is the area of Ragnaglar and Thed, and not Eurmal.

        -Adept