Re: Digest Number 275

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 19:05:22 +0100

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:08:37 +0100, Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...> wrote:

>Distraction, knockback, duckback and so on. Even wearing inpenetrable
>bullet proof armour I'd be distracted by people hitting me. Gaining AP
>seems like a fair representation of this - you can't reduce the enemy below
>zero, but you can help your friends gain an opening.

Don't get me wrong, I think this is as good a way of covering missile fire into melee as any I've seen, but I want to consider all the problems BEFORE I encounter them. And it seems peculiar that the enemy would appear to be more distracted by arrows which do NOT hit her, than arrows which do... (Please ignore the simulationist use of the term 'hit', although the simulationist attitude that the two sorts of arrows are aimed differently is relevant).

Wulf