From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:04:40 +0100

> From: "Tim Ellis" <tim_at_...>
>Tricky to describe in this situation though. In the clan moot you
>can rule that additional interjections do not add any more to the
>argument (although the player may keep making them anyway "In
>Character" (...The Narrator demands that Borik Hairybreeks last
>comments are stricken from the record, and the ring is instructed to
>ignore them...). Harder to vizualise here though. "I fire another
>arrow <rolls dice> OK Harnor gets loaned my last 5AP, I'm on 0, what
>does that mean?" "ummm, You're out of arrows" , "OK I'll go and get
>some more from the supply wagon" or "OK, Can I pick up the arrows
>that were fired at us earlier in the contest" or "OK, Now I'll switch

These could be modeled as parting shots. You could modify the resistances or give bonuses according to the situiation (e.g., having loaded the mule with 200 arrows yesterday might be a low resistance, picking the from the battle field might be high unless lots of arrows had been spent).

Going to the town seems to be a clear re-set situation (though the battle should be over by then).

>to using my Sling/Javelin/Thrown Rock skill and continue to give
>supporting fire" - Likewise if you say "The combat has become such
>that you can no longer get a clear shot in at the foe" then the
>answer "I'll move round to the left to see if I can see another
>opportunity", or even "OK, So Now I'll draw my sword and advance to
>join the close combat" are hard to disallow other than by putting
>your "Rules" hat on and saying "...But you are at 0 AP..."

Most of these could be parting shots, I think.

thom