Re: AP loaning & re-joining contests

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:37:21 +0100

>OK Harnor gets loaned my last 5AP, I'm on 0, what does that
>mean?" "ummm, You're out of arrows" , "OK I'll go and get
>some more from the supply wagon" or "OK, Can I pick up the
>arrows that were fired at us earlier in the contest" or ...

If it makes sense in the situaton, then you could just allow the character to loan themselves APs. If they get a good enough victory, then they gain the APs without losing them. You'd need an ability somewhere around 15w1 to get away with this, though, that would give you a 56% chance of getting 5 APs for free. If you wanted to be a little more generous, you could halve the difficulty for self-lending, or extend the augmentations chart to include AP bonuses, so characters can just take time out of a contest to boost their APs back up again. The main difference is whether or not you allow them to use the same ability twice or not. Self-lending: yes, Boosting: no.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.