Heroic Fantasy Gaming

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:52:01 +0100

>And its entirely likely that Argrth may have just picked the
>power up on a heroquest or the like. Please, try to remember
>the genre you are in -- heroic fantasy.

Blood boiling and dragon magics? This is fansasy? Why didn't anybody say! Seriously, I know "left hand" can be interpreted as a euphemism for dragon magics, but... are we modelling heroic fantasy, or are we modelling more mundane events that later get spun into an outrageous heroic fantasy? I was advocating the former as an option. Hargart's anger really *did* make his blood boil and seal his wounds, rather than an over-imaginitive skald describing a fairly normal (for Glorantha) use of some potent healing magic or other.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.