Re: Rituals

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:48:03 +0100

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:03:11 +0100, "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_indigost.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Because of the timing, I wanted to do it as a delayed effect to be triggered at the start of a tribal moot. This would allow me to perform the ritual on an auspicious or holy day and get some bonuses to my skill without having the +60 resistance of extending the duration to a season (which would have been near impossible!). The delayed effect rules confused me a little and gave no clue as to how to combine extended duration with a delayed effect.

Not too sure what your confusion here is, it seems straightforward to me. However, assuming it's the fact that Extended Duration has a + to resistance, while Delayed Activation has a set resistance (14 if nothing else applicable), I'd just say roll the Delay separately after the magic is successfully cast. Put the activation cause to 'When the Clan Moot starts, activate), and place the spell in a suitable item or object that will be present.

Wulf