Re: Re: Abuse of character generation rules ?

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:12:45 +0100

>"Farsook the Unclean owns a disintegrator ray and a cloak of
>invulnerability. Using his psychic powers he can teleport and
>move through time at will. After losing a bet, Stormbull agreed
>to restore Farsook to life should he die."
>
>39 words so far, 61 remaining... or am I misreading the rules? :)

Firstly, there is the issue of campaign openness:

Closed = Heortling Orlanthi Barbarians (or whatever) Only Semi-Closed = Some weirdos, eg. Lunar Defectors, Esrolian Migrants, Praxians on Quests, etc.
Open = Anything goes, eg. Half-Troll Vingan Mystic Submariners are the norm

Secondly, even in an Open campaign, the character would have Disintegrate ability at 17, Invulnerable at 17, Teleport at 17, and Come Back To Life at 17. The effects that he can achieve with those abilities are no more powerful than any other ability names, such as Disrupt, Tough, Sunset Leap, Self-Healing, etc. Oh, and Storm Bull can't raise the dead, AFAIK.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.