Re: Olympic numbers

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 07:45:25 -0700

Andrew

> In the first game I ran, one of my players took a Vingan. She has a Mile
> Javelin Throw feat.
>
> Seems to me she'd outthrow anyone at the Olympics,and she's not even a clan
> champion.

But this feat doesn't let her throw a javelin for a mile, at least not until she raises her ability well above 17! It's a picturesque name.

You probably could go for ridiculously long throws using the range modifiers, otherwise I'd use it as a bonus-providing augmentation.

Feats don't automatically do what they say, they have to be used in the context of a contest. Orlanth's Run Up Cliff feat may or may not let you run up a cliff, if you're attempting to do just that then you'd have to oppose it with the difficulty of the cliff and determine the level of victory.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein