Re: Olympic numbers

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 17:47:34 +0000

>You probably could go for ridiculously long throws using the range
>modifiers, otherwise I'd use it as a bonus-providing augmentation.

Given that the point of the feat is long throws I'd go for extending the base range of the javelin as the usual effect. It says in the rules that magic can do this and IMHO augmenting is a poor match - it helps short range throws and is poor at helping long range throws.

The easiest way to do it, I think, is to do a Simple contest of the Affinity or Feat against the magical range table for the actual range to the target. A minor victory perhaps means making the throw at long range, a major victory making it at normal range. A minor defeat might let the javelin reach, but ineffectively and a major defeat making the throw embarrassingly short.

Anyone see any problems with that ?

--
--
Guide to Taoism_