Re: Vanganth

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:25:22 -0000

I asked this question with reference to the rule that allows a PC to learn feats from subcults of his main deity, in particular all the moon cults are subcults of the Red Moon.

Looking at Cults of Prax, for example, you can see what the relationships between the cults by who lends whom which spell. I think I would allow this sort of thing in my game although it wouldn't be automatic. If you're a Healer of Chalana Arroy and you want to learn the "Hear Only Truth" feat from Lhankor Mhy then you are going to have to develop a relationship with that cult, either by approaching them yourself or through established links between the devout of the two temples. [The standard feat is "Force Truth". This isn't really in keeping with Chalana Arroy but her brother taught her how not to hear lies].

In my game one of the PCs, a Rufelza initiate, underwent a mystical experience and learnt a Rashorana feat, "Recognize Open Way" which she used this to great effect in a later game.

Steve